Monday, July 8, 2013

Picture Perfect By: Janice Thompson




Hannah Grace McDermott, a professional wedding photographer feels as if she can’t have a life that is not filled with almost and predictability. Hannah has almost went to prom with a member of the High School Football Team, almost shot Brock Benson’s Wedding at Club Wed, and almost made it on the cheer leading squad.  Just when Hannah feels she will never accomplish anything big a chance to be in the Texas Bride Magazine comes her way. Everything goes well with the interview until her arch nemesis Drew Kincaid shows up and Hannah Grace realizes that she has two totally two different shoes on and spills her whole cup of coffee on Drew ‘so hot you would have to blow him out to keep a house from burning on fire Kincaid. The two meet several times, at Club Wed the most popular place to have a wedding on the Island and at the owner, Bella Neely’s house. When Hannah is given the challenge to photograph the biggest Bridezilla in Texas, she is challenged and doesn’t know what to do, luckily for her she has a large family to go to for help and Grandpa Angus’ old Irish sayings. Thought times of trouble, large plates of Italian food and the usual Irish dishes, Hannah and Drew then fall for each other, and life only gets better.

Hannah Grace McDermott lives in a predictable world that has never changed since the day she was born. At 6:00pm her Father comes home and ten minutes later the family, once six but now three sit at the overly large table and eat the usual meat and potatoes. Hannah can’t help but want change; she would rather watch Brock Benson, the hottest guy around on Dancing with the Stars, however her Father can’t help but follow the strict routine. Hannah wants to live a life full of different things not just the same old, same old, and when she starts doing jobs half of the way because of stress levels she really starts to question what she is supposed to do. Hannah is the last one in her family to live at home and she is the oldest, desperate for love she goes to the extreme in all areas. Hannah is a trustworthy and unconfident character, always looking for advice and wondering what she should do next. Hannah is my favourite character in Picture Perfect, probably because I love photography almost as much as she does and I also dream of my one day wedding with whoever God sends my way.

Picture Perfect was one of those books that caught me from the very beginning. I loved the how the love story started as a hate relationship between the two and how Hannah Grace couldn’t stand the thought of Drew Kincaid. Then throughout the novel it is like Hannah is questioning wither or not Drew is the right one for her and the story goes on and on from there, with dates and kissed throughout the book. I chose to read Picture Perfect mainly because I liked the summary of the book and I love photography so I thought that the book would have been the right one for me. I am glad that I chose the book because it was a great read, full a wonderful gushy romance. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good love story, I am sure that you will love the book.

To find more books by Janice Thompson or if you want to visit her website go to www.janiceathompson.com and if you want to find more amazing book reviews for Christian Fiction visit www.faithfulbooks.blogspot.com


Thank you for reading my honest book review on Picture Perfect, feel free to leave your questions about the book in the comments slot and I will try and answer them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment